Flounder gigging is all about the experience. North Carolina’s Outer Banks offer are prime habitat for it too. We have miles of sandy bottom, shallow, clear water. Gigging is one of the best methods to consistently harvest BIG flounder. A stealthy approach in the still of the night darkness is fun. It’s a peaceful time, that’s great for kids and grownups alike. These tasty fish make the gigging even more fun!
Depending on tide and weather conditions, timing for the best flounder gigging varies. As our trip approaches, we can set the best time to gig the most flounder.
What To Bring:
- Camera (with flash)
- Comfortable old pair of wading shoes (Old Sperry Topsiders work great!)
- Bug Spray (Typically you won’t need it but just in case.)
- Cooler With Drinks and Snacks
- Rain Jacket (even if the weatherman says no rain in forecast)
- A couple towels
- Appropriate Licensing (I will help arrange this too. It’s super easy.) Click Here to visit NC’s Online Licensing Page.